Tuesday, September 11, 2007

HW 4: Option 2

When I walked into my room the product that caught my eye was the skinny purple bottle of heavenly softlotion. Its promise to “melt away stress” is what caught my eye in the store. As I took a closer look at the bottle I realized that it had a lot more promises than just to “melt away stress”. Johnson’s softlotion promises to “help you sleep better by melting away at your muscle tension” and with “Aromasoothe” it is shown to quiet your senses. When I went to www.jnj.com to find out more about the promises that Johnson & Johnson had to offer, I found out that it promises to “help people live longer and healthier lives”. It also says that if you use Johnson’s softlotion you will “maintain healthy skin for life.” In my experience with using the product I have discovered that the promise to help you maintain healthy skin is true, also the lotion does have a scent that calms your senses and relaxes your body, which in turn helps you sleep. I can not be too sure if the promise “helps people live longer and healthier lives” is true because I have not been using it all my life nor do I know if I hadn’t been using it my life would be much different. However, I am always impressed when using lotion from Johnson & Johnson because I believe that it makes my skin a lot healthier than other skin care products.

1 comment:

Tracy Mendham said...

Nice analytical approach to identifying the promises of the product and they do or don't match up to your experience.
Don't forget to capitalize proper nouns, like product names--Heavenly Softlotion.