Thursday, September 13, 2007

HW 6: Semester-Long Project Interests

When reviewing the paper with all the topics for the semester long research project, I found myself a little overwhelmed as to what to choose. A lot of the options I had never heard of before, nor did I know much about them. After going over what each option was, I decided that it would be interesting to learn more about e-learning and distance education. My cousin who lives in Colorado doesn’t go to Middle School instead she takes courses online for all of her education. Another subject that caught my eye was social networking services, like facebook and myspace, because everyone I know uses them and I am interested in learning more about other networking services. And finally, chat rooms and text chats, which I know of but would like to know more about. The types of empowerment I would like to know more about include: overcoming sexism, issues of disabilities or learning differences, and issues of refugees. These topics all interest me because I don’t know a lot about how they would come into place on the Internet. Some areas that I think I would like looking at include North America and Europe. I think it would be interesting seeing what is happening in the country in which I live. Also Europe interests me because I have always wanted to travel there so its fun learning about the differences and similarities that their countries has in comparison to ours.

1 comment:

Tracy Mendham said...

Lots of intriguing ideas, Lindsay...the only challenge will be deciding which ones you ultimately want to concentrate on.