Tuesday, October 9, 2007

HW 17 B Cox and Zuniga

After reading and looking at the blogs Wonkette and Daily Kos, I realized that the blog that would be the most influential in the upcoming election would have to be Daily Kos. Wonkette is a very interesting blog and would be more enjoyable to read, but I would not start basing my opinion on who should be president based on their sex life or scandals. Daily Kos is a more serious blog bringing up issues that could have some value when looking at the candidates for president. It is a trusted blog that has gone very far from the start and seems to have many fans. Their fan status was booming especially around the times of elections, which would make me assume that a lot of people think that Daily Kos is the site to go to when you want valid information to help you make your decision. Wonkette writes more in an informal way, not bringing up important topics that would normally be considered in choosing a president. The blog Wonkette is made to be humorous, as Ana Marie Cox is quoted saying, "I can write stuff that I think is funny"(Kline & Burstein page 59). So when it comes to reading for fun I would visit Wonkette, getting the inside scoop on who is doing who in office, but for helping me decide who should run our country I would visit Daily Kos.